|Все видео канала Cowboy Kent Rollins||2017-12-18 20:00|
A prime rib can be an intimidating recipe- but we've got a fool-proof method and easy recipe for a killer prime rib or standing rib roast that is perfect for the holidays, special occasions or just to enjoy some good beef!
5 - 6 lb Standing Rib Roast / Prime Rib
1 stick butter, softened
2 tbsp Coarse Ground Pepper
2 tbsp Coarse sea salt
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Red River Ranch Mesquite (optional) available here: https://kentrollins.com/shop-1/
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
4 cloves. garlic, minced
tbsp olive oil
1. Let the roast set on the counter for 3 - 4 hours or until room temperature to ensure an even cook.
2. Pre heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Rub the roast with the mixture so it is evenly coated on all sides. Place the roast, rib side down, in a dish or roasting pan. Generously sprinkle the top with additional sea salt.
5. Roast for 30 minutes (5 minutes per pound). Then turn off the oven. Let the roast set in the oven for 2 hours - DO NOT open the oven door during this time.
6. Remove the roast from the oven and check the temperature - it should be in the 120 - 125 degree range. Lightly cover with tinfoil and let for 5 - 10 minutes. During this time the internal temperature will rise slightly to bring it to the medium-rare range, roughly 130 degrees F.
7. Slice against the grain and serve warm.
Check out our BEST SELLING cookbook, A Taste of Cowboy. Available at bookstores nationwide, Amazon http://amzn.to/2uBl4EM
Get our FREE guide to smoothing cast iron HERE: http://eepurl.com/ckJhmP
Want more recipes and tips? Sign up for our emails:
Click below to SUBSCRIBE for more videos:
Connect with us!
Chuck Wagon Cook, Grilling, Dutch Oven Cooking, Cowboy, Cast Iron